A month ago, I’ve been obsessing over Taiwanese dramas and re watching some old series like Meteor Garden, It Started with A Kiss and Devil Beside You. So one night, I was wondering what if I really book a flight to Taiwan and make my childhood dream come into reality. And then I searched for a cheap fare and voila, PHP 4,000 back and forth. I didn’t think twice that night and I booked another spontaneous trip of my life. No regrets.
- this is the one that I highly recommend because of convenience, no long lines, super savvy, and accommodating personnel
- You can either print the confirmation or just download the voucher
– you can choose from a 3, 5, 7, or 10-day Unite Traveler 4G SIM Card and enjoy 4G access across Taiwan. YOU CAN BOOK HERE.
2. MRT Ticket (Taoyuan to Taipei via EXPRESS LINE)
– you can choose one way or round trip ticket and be in Taipei in just 40 minutes. YOU CAN BOOK HERE.
– you can also choose this MRT ticket via express line with EasyCard special package. EasyCard is a reloadable tranportation pass. YOU CAN BOOK HERE.
3. Transport Fun Pass
– get unlimited rides on the Taipei MRT, city buses, 5 Taiwan Tourist Shuttle routes, and Maokong Gondola.
– you can choose between one to two days of unlimited transportation. YOU CAN BOOK HERE.
Here is my 3-day guide:
Day 1 : NAIA to Taoyuan Airport
04:00 AM - NAIA Terminal 3 - Tax: Php 1,620 07:50 AM - Departure in Manila 10:10 AM - Arrival at Taoyuan Airport Terminal 1 (and yes, I was greeted by Lee Minho!!!) 11:10 AM - KLOOK KIOSK 📍 Terminal 1, 1st floor - Arrival Hall (counter #3) 12:00 NN - 01:00 PM (Taoyuan to Taipei Station) 📍 the escalator south of B1 Food Court leads to A12 Airport Terminal 1 Station (the interiors were pretty amazing!) (views from the outside) (it was raining when I arrived, good thing all of my to-do-list for this day were all indoors) 01:30 PM - Lucky One Hostel 📍Minquan West Road, Exit 5 (this is a dorm-type hostel and the facilities are really good and cozy! I stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights (Php 1,300) 03:30 PM - Taipei 101 📍Taipei 101/ World Trade Center Station , Exit 4 📍 89th Floor, No.7, Hsin Yi Rd Sec. 5, Taipei 101 (Ticket Booth & Entrance are located at the 5th floor of the Taipei 101 Shopping Mall) 🕒 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM *KLOOK - for a hassle free service, JUST BOOK HERE. (Taipei 101 Mall is freakin huge!) (5th floor) (*Did you know that Taipei 101 has the fastest elevator that serves from 5th floor up to 89th floor in just 37 seconds) (89th floor and it was foggy!) (twinning with my friend, Anj) 06:00 PM - BT21 (Taipei) 📍Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Xinyi A11 - CLICK HERE FOR MORE BT21 DETAILS 07:00 PM - Shilin Night Market 📍 Jiantan Station, Exit 1 🕒 3:00 PM to 01:00 AM (AAAAH STINKY TOFU RIGHT THERE!)
Day 2 : Chiayi, Ximending
* This is purely optional but as for me I went to Chiayi for my Meteor Garden feels ‘coz I’m always a fan of that series! You can go to Jiufen Old Street, Shifen Station or try Maokong Gondola
06:OO PM - Ximending 📍 Ximen Station, Exit 6 (feels like Myeongdong/Hongdae in Korea and Harajuku in Japan) (my lovessss) (Anpanman, my favorite!) (I never tried Coco in Manila, until...I saw it here! Legit!) (There's a place here known for GAYKE LAND, because...)
Day 3 : Chang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, Ximending
08:00 AM - Last day at the Hotel and we met a new friend, Una Wu :) Thank you for the brekky! 09:30 AM - Minquan West Road Station *because our 2-day unlimited transport pass was already expired we tried the single-journey pass 10:00 AM - Chang Kai Shek Memorial Hall 📍 C.K.S Memorial Hall (this is one of my childhood dream concert! I really love S.H.E!) (taken from my go pro) 01:00 PM - Jia Jia Shop (Kpop Shop) 📍 Ximen Station, Exit 6 (much pricier than BTS) (BTS HAUL!!!!!) (Korean series!) 11:00 PM - Back to the Airport :( (HAHAHA I THINK IM IN THE WRONG FLIGHT ^^) Thank you Air Asia for the free upgrade to a hot seat ! CIAO TAIWAN! I HAD FUN!