Crazy Rich Asians is a 2013 best selling novel by Kevin Kwan. It was followed by two sequels, China Rich Girlfriend in 2015 and Rich People Problems in 2017. A film adaptation of Crazy Rich Asians was released just this August 2018.
“Nowhere in the world are there to be found people richer than the Chinese”
I never got the chance to read the book and a lot of my friends really enjoyed these trilogy. So out of curiosity, I watched the film and mannn, I loved it! Who wouldn’t want to be a crazy rich right? The setting of the film took place in Singapore, New York and Malaysia. Luckily, I already booked a flight to Singapore with my friends and I told myself “Why the hell not visit these places?”
Shooting Locations You Can Visit :
1. 📍Changi Airport
– The spot where Nick and Rachel land after their flight from NYC to Singapore. The airport has a garden of beautiful flowers, high-end shops, restaurants, arts-y things, a movie theater and even a swimming pool! It is also one of my favorite airports ever!
– This is where Colin and Araminta’s wedding took place. Chijmes (pronounced as Chimes) was a Catholic convent in 1852 but now used as a shopping and diner center and the chapel serves as a function hall.
🚌 Aft Chijmes
(and there was another shooting!)
3.📍Bukit Pasoh Road
– Humpback Restaurant is one spot where Rachel and Peik Lin had a heart-to-heart conversation. Located in Singapore’s Chinatown, on Bukit Pasoh Road. The restaurant is a bit pricey but I enjoyed the view.
🚉 Outram Park MRT
– This is where Peik Lin and her family was residing in Singapore. The mansion is actually a real property and currently on sale. Located at Cluny Park.
🚉 Botanic Gardens MRT
5.📍Newton Food Center
– Colin and Araminta brought Nick and Rachel to this famous Hawker Center. The newly renovated food center is home to a numerous hawker stalls offering seafood and local specialties.
🚉 Newton MRT
6.📍Gardens By The Bay
– The wedding reception of Colin and Araminta. The Supertree Grove is usually free to visit except for those who want to experience OCBC Skyway.
🚉 Bayfront MRT
7.📍Marina Bay Sands
– The ending scene where they celebrated the “off-the-market(hood)” of Nick and Rachel. The hotel holds the record for world’s highest and largest infinity pool. You can also book a ticket for the Marina Bay Observation Deck on the 57th floor.
🚉 Bayfront MRT
– This is where Collin’s bachelor party was (after they left that giant party boat) talking about life and marriage. There’s a lot to look forward to this island ~ beaches, hotels, spas, amusement parts, a water park, and aquarium.
🚉 Beach Stn.
9.📍Ann Siang Hill
– The scene where Eleanor strolls while she’s on her way to meet Rachel at a Mahjong parlor. In real life, Ann Siang Hill is full of old and colorful houses that turned into restaurants and boutiques.
🚉 Chinatown MRT
10.📍Esplanade Park / Merlion Park
– The important conversation between Nick and Rachel happened in this park. This is where Nick first asked Rachel to marry him.
🚉 Esplanade MRT
– Rachel and Nick stayed in the beautiful Presidential Suite at the colonial-style Raffles Hotel and it’s actually under renovation right now, but will reopen in 2019.
🚉 City Hall MRT
You don’t have to be crazy rich to experience all of these ! Personally, I like going to shooting locations because I get a sense of fulfillment as if I’m in that particular movie or series too. And did I mention that KLOOK offers a Crazy Rich Asian Tour for your barkada?! A 3-12 hours car charter of a vehicle you like, hotel pick-up, english speaking driver and many more! And please do tag me to all your Crazy Rich experiences!
Here’s the link offered by Klook!
P.S. Special thanks to my friend, Anne Paurom, for taking my pics and putting up with my crazyyyyyyness!